Introduction to GNU Coreutils
The GNU Core Utilities are the basic file, shell and text manipulation utilities of the GNU operating system. These are the core utilities which are expected to exist on every Unix-like operating system.
A mastery of these programs will allow you to write powerful pipelines and basic analyses without writing time-consuming code. These skills will also transfer to every Mac, Linux, HPC, and (now even) Windows machine that your workflows could run on.
Time - 90 minutes
- How can I analyze data using existing commands?
- Read and identify text files.
- Filter and format a text file.
- Redirect output from a command to a file.
- Construct command pipelines with two or more stages.
- Explain what usually happens if a program or pipeline isn’t given any input to process.
- Viewing text files - (
- Filtering text files - (
- Redirection and piping - (
- Manipulating and formatting text files - (